Alternative methods are aimed at preventing fungal infection in every possible way. A variety of recipes include self-made ointments, compresses, oils, decoctions and more. Sometimes ordinary home remedies can save the situation at any stage of the pathology. Herbs, bee products, food are used as therapy. Among the many recipes there are the most effective folk remedies for the treatment of toenail fungus, tested over time.
Mycosis can be eliminated with the help of herbal medicines. Many folk remedies for the treatment of toenail fungus contain natural herbs. Celery, string, calendula, oak bark, icicle and other medicinal plants help to achieve an antifungal effect.
Herbal baths are popular, their preparation does not take much time, and the result appears after the first procedure. The following alternative therapy methods will tell you how to treat toenail fungus with baths.
- The disease can be overcome if you regularly perform a procedure that includes a medicinal decoction based on celandine. For the bath you will need 100 grams of medicinal herbs and 1 liter of liquid. It is recommended to use freshly prepared decoction of the plant, brewed for 7 minutes. The duration of the procedure should not exceed 15 minutes. Baths should be done daily for 3 weeks.
- Oak bark helps to quickly get rid of itching that occurs with a fungal infection. With another application you can feel the relief of symptoms. Oak bark has astringent, anti-inflammatory and disinfectant properties. The bath should be used daily at bedtime for no more than 20 minutes for a month. The recipe is best used in complex therapy.
- In ancient times, nail fungus was treated by collecting herbs that have an antifungal effect. These include plants: calendula, oak bark, lilac, celandine. In the complex, medicinal herbs contribute to the disappearance of the infection. The collection should be prepared in the same proportion (100 g) of plants per 1 liter of water, infused for about 10 minutes, then poured into the tub. Duration of treatment - 20 minutes daily for 3 weeks.
- Veronica officinalis and meadow lumbago help to save from the initial stage of nail fungus. Herbs are taken in a ratio of 1: 1, it is better to use 2 tbsp. spoons for 0, 5 liters of boiled water. Boil the infusion for about 5 minutes and insist for 10-15 minutes. Use baths at bedtime for 2 weeks. The average duration of the procedure is 15 minutes.
- Marigold infusion saves from nail fungus. It is easy to prepare: the herb is placed in boiling water for 5 minutes, after which the nail, which is susceptible to fungal infection, is treated with medicine. Infusion is applied on a cotton swab, a compress is applied on the problem area for 5 minutes. The tool is good to use as a complex therapy.
- Toenail fungus can be removed with the help of mint. The leaves of the plant should be cut to release the juice. The technique is based on rubbing with a paste obtained from mint, a plate prone to mycosis. It is necessary to keep the product for one hour, then rinse with water.
Phytotherapy in the treatment of toenail fungus with folk remedies plays an important role. It is more often used as an aid. Helps to treat toenail fungus in the initial stage by using baths, compresses.
Do not prolong the treatment with herbs longer than the prescribed time. Each herb has contraindications for use and side effects if used improperly. Violation of treatment time recommendations can lead to side effects.
Home folk remedies for the treatment of toenail fungus include the use of various products that are on hand for each person. Popular in the treatment of mycosis are soda, salt, vinegar.
There are several folk recipes for toenail fungus based on soda. According to people's opinions, the following are considered the most effective:
- Soda paste. It is easy to prepare. It is necessary to gradually add warm water to the product until a kind of slurry is obtained. The paste is applied to the affected foot, toenails for 10 minutes, then washed off with water. The tool helps to eliminate itching, counteract the development of infection. Experts recommend that the procedure be performed in the morning and in the evening for effectiveness.
- Baths with soda when you need to steam your feet well. After a 30-minute procedure, you should dry your feet well, wrap them in prepared socks, in which you can pour a special powder against foot sweating and ringworm. In combination with daily use, the method will allow you to grow a new healthy toenail, so the therapy continues until complete healing.
Salt is most often used as a shell. It is necessary to carefully steam the legs, wrap them in prepared salt. The procedure should last no more than 10 minutes. Once the feet are well washed and dried.
How to cure toenail fungus with folk remedies based on vinegar we will offer you the following recipes.
- A military way to get rid of toenail fungus is a 9% vinegar solution. Dilute with water in a ratio of 1: 1. The tool is used as a compress. The treatment is performed as follows: the solution is applied on a cotton swab attached to the affected area, covered with cellophane. Warm socks should be worn on top. The method is applied at night, in the morning you should wash your feet with tar soap and wear clean socks. The average course is 2 weeks.
- Iodine and apple cider vinegar are the best folk remedies to help get rid of the most neglected form of mycosis. The treatment lasts 2-3 weeks. The products are mixed in a ratio of 1: 1, applied to the nail plate every day while growing a healthy nail.
How to remove the fungus at an advanced stage?
There are several time-tested home remedies that can help you get rid of advanced toenail fungus. They consist in the use of propolis, hydrogen peroxide, essential oils, eggs. These antifungal folk remedies can be used in combination with basic treatment or as individual therapy.
- Tea tree essential oil will save you from the advanced form of mycosis. The tool is used in treatment such as wiping, applying to the problem nail in the form of varnish. You need to take a brush from the varnish and apply oil on the affected toenail, after an hour rinse with water. Apply the method 2-3 times a day for 3 weeks.
- Propolis tincture is an effective way. 100 ml will be needed. alcohol and 100g. propolis. The mixed products are placed for a week in a dark and cool place, but not in the refrigerator. It is then applied in the form of compresses and rubbing the affected toenails. Duration of treatment - 2 weeks, daily.
- Recently, a popular method based on the use of egg white, vinegar essence 9%. The ingredients are mixed in equal proportions and applied as a compress on the affected nail. Store the product for no more than 30 minutes, then rinse with water. Use every other day until the healthy nail grows back.
- Wrapping nails with cryolin has gained wide popularity. Hydrogen peroxide is used. Cotton swabs are moistened in the substance and applied to the nail in the form of a shell for half an hour. After the foot is washed thoroughly with soap and dried. It is worth treating yourself at least 4 times a week for 3 weeks.
- Traditional medicine involves the use of prescriptions for oral administration. The tincture of celandine has established itself as an effective and powerful remedy against fungal infections of the toenails. Prepare a preparation with alcohol in an amount of 100 ml. and plants 100g. After mixing, the tincture is placed in a dark place for 10 days. Herbalists recommend adding propolis to the mixture, which will enhance the effect of the drug on the body. Take the tincture every day before meals 2 times for 4 weeks with a break of 1 week after 14 days.
Alternative therapies should be used wisely. Each drug has a list of contraindications, so before treatment you should carefully read the instructions for use of herbs and plants. Regarding vinegar and propolis - you need to make sure the individual tolerance of the products. To do this, you need to apply a small amount on the skin of the hands or feet and follow the reactions for 15 minutes. If there is no redness, swelling and itching, the component can be used.
Many reviews of the treatment of folk remedies have a positive trend. Most people note the effectiveness of herbal medicine and home remedies. A few examples will help you decide and decide on the type of treatment.
I suffered from nail fungus for several years until I tried a recipe suggested by a neighbor. She used celandine in the treatment, made a tincture of propolis. It is used internally and in the form of compresses. I noticed the result of the treatment after 2 weeks. It was possible to completely get rid of the disease in a month.
Female, 42 years old
Due to the profession, my feet often sweated, plus I had to walk barefoot on the floor in a public place, as a result - mycosis of the foot. I tried many folk recipes and stopped at vinegar. Helps with both odor and nail fungus.
Male, 56 years old
I did not notice the result of the treatment when I used only the methods of traditional therapy. Only with a combination of pharmacy creams, ointments and tinctures of calendula managed to get rid of nail fungus.
It is worth noting that almost 60% of reviews speak of the strength of folk remedies against toenail fungus in complex use with pharmaceutical drugs. It is necessary to consider the treatment with herbs and home methods as one of the possibilities for additional therapy, which will give a guaranteed positive result.